Dinomickie

New channel feedback and criticism

Hi everyone, my name's Mike.

I made this channel to help me get over a fear of public talking, also being able to think quickly while talking and sound more natural. Rather than going after subs or trying to make it big, I wanted to make it for self improvement reasons, and help build up more confidence. 

The first two videos on there are the old NES Mega Man, prerecorded gameplay with my talking over it. The hope is to build up being able to talk and play at the same time, as I get better at reacting faster to what I'm saying, and finally out my face in front of the camera.

It's only 2 videos now, but I'm working in more and would love some feedback/criticism. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX4eFI8u1qEy4ui8jepkjFQ

Thanks!

I saw part of your first video and watched the third one. I think they are entertaining as I watched them while doing a repetitive task in a game and I was amused.

In the first video especially, I don't remember noticing in the first, the sound from the game was louder than your speaking and it was a bit harder to hear than normal. I think this happened when you first got the to the multiple floating and moving platforms in the first video.

Near the end of the third video, you mentioned you were planning on hopefully playing Mega Man 2 next and how that game was the one you probably know the most about. I suggest maybe trying to do some live commentary on that, as hopefully you will have enough knowledge of the game to be confident about speaking live.

I definitely am not speaking with expertise, I have room to improve in my commentary, specifically enthusiasm, emotion, speaking more often, and maybe about more than just what I see on the gameplay screen, as I guess viewers are also witnessing it at the same time as me. Also, my channel is pretty small, so I do not have success as one of my credentials to give advice.

Good luck, and keep up with the videos!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AAAA said:

I saw part of your first video and watched the third one. I think they are entertaining as I watched them while doing a repetitive task in a game and I was amused.

In the first video especially, I don't remember noticing in the first, the sound from the game was louder than your speaking and it was a bit harder to hear than normal. I think this happened when you first got the to the multiple floating and moving platforms in the first video.

Near the end of the third video, you mentioned you were planning on hopefully playing Mega Man 2 next and how that game was the one you probably know the most about. I suggest maybe trying to do some live commentary on that, as hopefully you will have enough knowledge of the game to be confident about speaking live.

I definitely am not speaking with expertise, I have room to improve in my commentary, specifically enthusiasm, emotion, speaking more often, and maybe about more than just what I see on the gameplay screen, as I guess viewers are also witnessing it at the same time as me. Also, my channel is pretty small, so I do not have success as one of my credentials to give advice.

Good luck, and keep up with the videos!

Thanks for the feedback. I think know what the issue is on the sound. I was definitely off on the mixing. I don't have any experience on editing, so it's definitely a learning process.

I was thinking about a live commentary on Mega Man 2 as well. I have the prerecorded gameplay filmed but had been toying with throwing it out and playing it live.

I'll be working in the audio mixing for the next games and hopefully getting better at that.

Thank you!

No problem. Maybe you could also start experiencing with thumbnails. It may be hard to tell which thumbnails work best as smaller channels like us have a small sample size of viewers to get any meaningful analytics, but maybe it will work. It should also hopefully improve your thumbnail making skills.

At the same time, you had said you are doing this channel for self improvement and dealing with your fear of public speaking, so thumbnails aren't the most important thing. But having more viewers could bring more encouragement and motivation, though eventually some hate. However, the gate probably comes towards larger channels, I've been fortunate enough to not have any so far, and maybe it could help us deal with criticism and understand we can't please everyone.