Leo Wattenberg

Why your monetization application got rejected and what to do about it

Moin. This article is to explain some common reasons behind the messages that YouTube gives you when rejecting your monetization application.

See also: A list of YouTube policies and guidelines

Note: YouTube only recently started to hand out rejections for monetization applications in late June 2018. Due to this, this page still is a work-in-progress. 

How to find the reason?

You can find a general reason by going to your monetization page. Details on each reason can be found below. 

Duplication 🔗

If your channel is disabled for monetization because of duplication, it means that some of your content is identical with some other content on YouTube. This happens for example if you upload

• public domain footage
  • royalty-free music
  • videos other people made (reuploads)
  • compilations
  • reading outs of stories posted on other websites
  • recordings of live concerts, DVDs, TV shows, and other copyright infringing activity
  • possibly: unedited, uncommentated gameplay videos*

While you may have the necessary rights to upload the video, AdSense has an "imperative of originality", making channels largely based around duplicate content ineligible for monetization. 

To clarify, using third party footage in videos is still allowed for monetization (if all the licenses are in place), however, having a channel that has a focus on the third party footage (eg a music promotion channel or a compilation channel) is not. 

* "Videos simply showing a user playing a video game or the use of software for extended periods of time may not be accepted for monetization." says https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/138161?hl=en. So this content getting rejected from monetization is expected, the category it is listed in may be unexpected though. 

How to fix this?

In order to get your channel eligible for monetization again, you need to remove all duplicate content. If all your content is duplicate content, you may want to look at alternative monetization models such as Patreon or merchandise instead as deleting all your videos probably isn't going to be worth it (especially considering that you'd drop to 0 watch hours again without any videos).

For uncommentated gameplay content, you may want to do other kinds of gameplay videos, for example heavily edited videos, machinimas, reviews or commentated walkthroughs. 

You can reapply after 30 days. 

Impersonation 🔗

If your channel is disabled for monetization because of impersonation, it means that your channel is confusingly similar to another channel, so for example:

• same avatar
  • same name
  • same channel banner
  • same thumbnails
  • same videos
  • same video titles

How to fix this?

Change the points mentioned above to something different. You can reapply after 30 days. 

View count spam 🔗

If your channel is disabled for monetization because of view count spam, it means that you have been using means to illegitimately obtain views. For example:

• View bots
  • Purchasing views from websites promising "real views"
  • Having your own videos running for extended periods of time in the background
  • Participating in exchanges (sub4sub, view4view)
  • Incentivizing people to watch your videos

How to fix this?

Stop using the above methods to get views. You can reapply after 30 days. 

Video spam 🔗

If your channel is disabled for monetization because of video spam, it means that you have uploaded many overly similar videos, for example: "Learn how to count with soccer balls", "Learn how to count with elephants", "... with tires", lipsticks, bees, soda bottles, trains, and so on. In other words, if a viewer could accurately predict how most of your videos will look like after just watching one or two of them, you likely are going to get not approved.

It may also mean that you have uploaded other content that typically is classified as spam, ie large amounts of untargeted, repetitive and otherwise unwanted videos.

How to fix this?

Instead of uploading videos that are mostly based around the same idea and iterate through details, make unique videos. 

Misleading Thumbnails 🔗

If your channel is disabled for monetization because of misleading thumbnails, it means that your thumbnails did not represent the contents of your video.

How to fix this?

Your thumbnail should represent what your video is about. So the easiest way to not go wrong on this is to screenshot a specific frame of your video and use that as thumbnail. You may want to take at the Creator Academy lesson on making good thumbnails: https://creatoracademy.youtube.com/page/lesson/thumbnails

Other Reasons 🔗

There may be other reasons that I'm not aware of at the time of writing. If you got rejected for a different reason, please let me know in the comments!

The below happens only if you already have been monetizing already and now monetization disabled

Repeated submission of ineligible videos and/or insufficient documentation 🔗

If your channel is disabled for monetization because of repeated submission of ineligible videos and/or insufficient documentation, it means that 

• Videos you submitted for monetization got claimed by a right holder
  • When asked for documentation of commercial use rights, you didn't send sufficient documentation proving you have said rights
  • Videos you submitted for monetization repeatedly were confirmed to be not advertiser-friendly by reviewers

How to fix this?

There is no fix. You have shown to YouTube repeatedly that you aren't a reliable business partner, and they no longer want to conduct business with you. 

Invalid Click Activity 🔗

AdSense has a quite extensive help article on this topic themselves: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/57153?hl=en

TL;DR: Invalid click activity happens if people click on your ads with the intention to generate money for you, rather than because they're interested in the ads. It's up to you as an AdSense partner to report any suspicious activity to AdSense, and to try to not direct any bad traffic (like view-/clickbots) to your channel. 

How to fix this?

If you get your monetization disabled for invalid click activity initially, you'll have to wait for 30 days for your AdSense account to come back – sometimes. 

In other times or severe cases your AdSense account will be disabled permanently. You can appeal (see the help page linked above), but you'll have to come with a good explanation on why the click activity was valid (eg: "this video suddenly got viral in a certain country and got featured all over the news" if that's why your video got a lot of views in a short time).
An appeal that is saying basically "I didn't do anything" is unlikely to help you (because you not monitoring your traffic is the very issue here). 

As a final note, if this happens to you while you're partnered with an MCN, you'll have to work with them to get your AdSense account reinstated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

On 6/25/2018 at 7:37 AM, Leo Wattenberg said:

An appeal that is saying basically "I didn't do anything" is unlikely to help you (because you not monitoring your traffic is the very issue here). 

There should be a detection method for fake views, like clicking on the ad too quickly, or the same account repeatedly watching and clicking on the ads. Currently, the responsibility is on the YouTube creators, which seems strange to me. If one every takes a vacation, someone could halt your income stream by trying to get your monetization disabled by clicking the ads a lot, while you are not there to check it.

I am not saying there should be an external YouTube person who should be monitoring the clicks on one's ads, but instead software which checks for suspicious activity. At the same time, if the creator is doing it on purpose, autodetection may make it hard to prove anything, but if it is good enough, their efforts would be in vain and no harm would really be done, perhaps meaning there is not too much incentive to seek out a punishment.

• Like 1

@AAAA This is basically what happens: AdSense automatically clears up invalid click activity between the end of the month and the finalization date (the 15th of the following month). There is some lenience on what it accepts as regular invalid click activity (like: A creator may accidentally click on an ad on their own video while trying to pause a video), and in general, a single viewer trying to support you isn't enough to get your AdSense account disabled, but if you're a constant source of invalid click activity, you'll get kicked. 

The reason why the measures are so draconian is that fraud is so easy and profitable here: Have a Raspberry Pi set up as server, have a second one configured to refresh the page every second and click every ad and at a CPC of, say, 16 cents per click, you can make well over 500 USD per hour. Of course, doing it like this would be quite obvious and get you kicked before you get your first paycheck from any decent ad network, but it shows you how juicy a target this is for fraudsters – even generating 5 USD per hour with a setup like that would be worth it. 

Because of this, the ad industry is estimated to lose 9%, or 19 billion USD to fraudsters in 2018 alone, so Google doesn't really want to open up any sort of easy avenue here for fraudsters to try-and-error.

Yes, it sucks that as a responsible creator, you'd have to either keep your holiday short, so that you can report anything suspicious to AdSense in time, or do work on holiday, but unfortunately, as was with the YouTube partner program, abusers, scammers and fraudsters ruined it for everyone. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2018 at 4:37 AM, Leo Wattenberg said:

Duplication 🔗

If your channel is disabled for monetization because of duplication, it means that some of your content is identical with some other content on YouTube. This happens for example if you upload

• public domain footage
  • royalty-free music
  • videos other people made (reuploads)
  • compilations
  • reading outs of stories posted on other websites
  • recordings of live concerts, DVDs, TV shows, and other copyright infringing activity
  • possibly: unedited, uncommentated gameplay videos*

While you may have the necessary rights to upload the video, AdSense has an "imperative of originality", making channels largely based around duplicate content ineligible for monetization. 

To clarify, in general, using public domain or royalty-free footage in your videos is fine (if all the licenses are in place), it's that channels that largely are based on duplicate content aren't allowed in. 

* "Videos simply showing a user playing a video game or the use of software for extended periods of time may not be accepted for monetization." says https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/138161?hl=en. So this content getting rejected from monetization is expected, the category it is listed in may be unexpected though. 

How to fix this?

In order to get your channel eligible for monetization again, you need to remove all duplicate content. If all your content is duplicate content, you may want to look at alternative monetization models such as Patreon or merchandise instead as deleting all your videos probably isn't going to be worth it (especially considering that you'd drop to 0 watch hours again without any videos).

For uncommentated gameplay content, you may want to do other kinds of gameplay videos, for example heavily edited videos, machinimas, reviews or commentated walkthroughs. 

::novella warning::

Thank you so much for writing this post. My channel received the dreaded "duplication" notice in mid-December and despite reading everything I could find, this is the first time I have ever read the crucial info: "In order to get your channel eligible for monetization again, you need to remove all duplicate content." I only hope that I saw this in time, and that I didn't unknowingly screw myself over as the outstanding monetization reviews and notifications have been wrapping up.

I started What You Haven't Seen one year ago with a video that instantly went viral. After posting it and quickly joining YPP I admittedly didn't have a plan for the channel, so I bided my YouTube time by posting unambiguously public domain material. Some was new to YouTube and other titles certainly were not, but all were properly cleared and I never had reason to believe that non-infringing "duplication" could be an issue. Either way, that's in the past.

The part that makes my heart sink is that in early-December 2017 I dedicated more of my time and energy to my channel. It matured and flourished into what it is today, where nearly 100% of my content is - true to the channel name - exclusive. Little did I know (until yesterday evening!) that having hundreds of public domain titles laying dormant in my video manager, as drafts from a time long in the past, could bite me. When I received the "duplication" message I was not told anything about removing content, just to keep at things and to reapply in 30 days, which I did.

In the seven months since that email arrived my complete focus has been on original and unique content. That focus has dramatically paid off, though unfortunately only in the metaphorical sense. Seven months racked up 8 million views and 400,000 watch hours while gaining a net 10,000+ subscribers. I have posted well over 100 exclusive videos and my stories are routinely covered by traditional media outlets worldwide. But... the entire time I have still had hundreds of draft public domain videos sitting in my channel. I never thought to delete them; I have just been ignoring them and waiting patiently for my elusive channel re-review to finally happen / finish.

I truly appreciate your post, as last night I plowed through that content and deleted nearly 800 videos (wow), almost every one having been in draft form. While there were no copyright issues with the deleted material, I readily admit that it's pretty nice to see only my own content, and also to know where everything is! My primary concern, though, is that it's early July and if Tom Leung's statements were accurate that means my channel was already reviewed. Seven months is a long time to wait, only to miss having this info by a few days.

I haven't yet heard anything about my channel's monetization... I just hope that my channel gets reviewed - even looked at - in its current state. Now that I have finally been able to identify and clean up any problematic content.

This article contains by far the most helpful information I have come across in months. Is there anything you recommend I do? It sucks not being able to plead my case to a person

::end novella::

tl;dr - Thanks for the info. It was very helpful, and very bittersweet.

Posted (edited)

@Leo Wattenberg This has been overwhelmingly helpful. I do not understand how YouTube can get away without posting detailed descriptions of their policies. So my account is deemed ineligible for the Partner Program because of Duplication. While I don't think any of my content has explicitly hit any of your bullet points for Duplication (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong!), I suspect there are two things that could potentially be flagging me.

1.) Background music in my travel videos. EX: https://youtu.be/0Bn6ImrzkX0

This is why I'm skeptical - I don't believe these are amateur videos, using music in a reckless manner at all. If you watch, I'm using segments of songs - heavily integrated into the transformative edits of my trips. I am not merely re-uploading music. I'm also incredibly reluctant to delete these travel videos. I've spent a lot of time on them, and they hold a lot of precious memories.

2.) Lyric Videos. EX: https://youtu.be/PBk-XE7saMA

These videos I have spent hours editing from scratch. They are fan-made videos. They are NOT pure re-uploads of the official lyric videos. However, I can probably understand if these were the kinds of videos flagged for Duplication, as they are less "transformative". I would be willing to delete these videos, as they don't hold as much sentimental value as my travel films.

So with all that said, might I be able to delete my lyric videos but leave my travel videos in order to be eligible for monetization? Secondly, is Duplication marked immediately when there are Content ID/Copyright "claims" in my video manager? I have no copyright strikes. Is a Duplication violation the same as a Content ID claim? (i.e., if any of my videos have the "C" with a circle around it in my Video Manager, am I already in violation of Duplication?) All of the films in my video manager with a "C" next to them are being allowed to stay online by their claimants, with all revenues going directly to their respective owners. They are not being blocked. Fundamentally, I am only seeking to monetize my 100% original content. I'm fine with leaving claimed content demonetized. I've attached an image of some of my video manager.

Here is my channel, in case you wanted to look/identify where I may be violating Duplication: www.youtube.com/c/joshleongstudios

I would really appreciate some help! This channel is my livelihood. I've been working at this for 4 years to be able to monetize. Thanks!!

Video Manager.jpg

Edited by joshleongstudios

I am currently demonetized and due to reapply next week.

Its duplication and i know what caused it, or maybe i think I do.

I had 2 blocked videos worldwide which i ignored instead of deleting them, also had 3 strikes but from different times. two were last year when i started my channel not knowing the rules. The last one expired last week, I got hit by an indian based company on a video that was in my country South Africa, it was the cricket match between South Africa and Australia were some players were caught cheating. This was broatcasted by my local channel which had rights to the match and I did a commentary which they approved. I posted a video of this cheating and within 2 hours it had 100k views. Well the Idian company took down my video and i got scared to challenge them because i feared losing my channel.

My question is that since i got demonetized because of this and maybe some videos were flagged by people, so i removed suspicious videos and now my channel is clean. Will my channel be rejected for monetization due to the fact that I had 3 strikes before and those blocked videos which i cleaned? Do i stand a chance?  

channel link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD2dfyYdnvXv0c8DWICWyEQ

I received this email today, would you please give some remarks.......

We have been working hard to review all applications to the YouTube Partner Program and know you’ve been waiting to hear back about your application status - we want to provide an update.

When our team reviewed your application, we concluded that we don't have enough information to make a decision on your application at this time. Because of this, your channel National Savings is being held for further review to make sure it meets our policies and we will re-review your application in the near future. We have a responsibility to support a healthy environment for advertisers, creators, and users, so we want to give careful thought before making a decision on each application.

In the meantime, we encourage you to post new content that is in line with our YouTube Partner Program policies and Community Guidelines and connect with your audience. This additional content will make it easier for us to make a decision about your YPP application.

We know that acceptance to the YouTube Partner Program is important to you and apologize for the additional wait. We appreciate your patience as we continue to evaluate your channel.

- The YouTube Team

@National Savings This means that the reviewers weren't quite sure whether your content is definitely fine, so they gave it to their managers to review your channel more carefully and make the decision. 

@Jay545654 Your channel looks like it's primarily uploading news videos that TV stations made, so yes, that would be duplication. The fact that you have claims and strikes only makes it easier for the reviewers to tell that you're not uploading original content.

@joshleongstudios The lyrics videos probably have to go no matter what. As for the travel videos, I'm not comfortable giving you any recommendation other than: You probably would have an easier time if you used freely licensed music instead of taking music you don't have permission to. As for the protected music that you did use, you may want to try getting sync licenses from the relevant copyright holders. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am grateful for early reply.

Dear Leo Wattenberg, basically this channel relates to Prize Bond Draw Results (held in our country in every month 2 times). I get draw results and make video on my own.  I make this channel in August-2017 and got enable monetization after getting 10K views, I earn 23$, then monetization disable due to new policy of youtube i.e 1k subscribers & 4000 watch hours. I achieve this target in April-18 and I was waiting for good news from youtube untill this morning. I never got any strike on my channel.

Thanks, @Leo Wattenberg. I understand what you're saying. So fundamentally, are Content ID claims the same as Duplication Violations? Basically, if I have any claims at all, even if they did not result in copyright strikes, am I in violation of Duplication? Would I only be eligible for the Partner Program with ZERO Content ID claims?

• Sad 1

Hi @Leo Wattenberg I recently applied my channel for monetization a couple of months ago and YouTube finally reviewed my channel for monetization but they did "not approve" my channel for monetization because of "duplication". Then I went to search on YouTube to see if my video had been re-uploaded and my video was re-uploaded multiple times on different channels without my permission. I then went to the YouTube Help Forum to ask a YouTube employee how to fix this issue with duplication and about people re-uploading my videos without my permisson and preventing my channel from getting approved for monetization because of people re-uploading my videos ( I attached a image of the YouTube employees response below). How can I and other creators like me who are uploading original videos that we filmed, created, and own get approved for monetization without being hit with "duplication" again after we re-apply for monetization. I don't won't to receive a email back from YouTube after I re-apply for monetization again in 30 dats saying, I'm not approved for monetization again. How can you guys fix this issue, so that I can get my channel approved for monetization. I can't contact YouTube directly about this problem because I don't have access to Creator Support because I'm not apart of the YouTube Partner Program. Original content creators who filmed, created, 100% own the videos they upload should not be hit "duplication" when we have all the proof to show YouTube that it's ours. Please fix this "duplication" issue for original creators of YouTube. Thank You.

YouTube (1).png

Videos   YouTube.png

YouTube (2).png

Monetization Issue   Google Product Forums.png

@CSMP

I really don't know what they are trying. But I have found one clue. That YT team told us they will finish their pending work with their system within June'18 but think they Failed, and now YT team giving us this kinda re-review mail or disable your Monetization. But giving a fixed that is after August'18. That means that, YT team need more time to update their new system.

So without waiting we have nothing to do Boss. I already stopped to create content for YouTube. Don't know they will suspend my channel without any cause or will say duplication as like they did to you.

Feeling hopeless.  

On 7/3/2018 at 4:33 PM, joshleongstudios said:

@Leo Wattenberg This has been overwhelmingly helpful. I do not understand how YouTube can get away without posting detailed descriptions of their policies. So my account is deemed ineligible for the Partner Program because of Duplication. While I don't think any of my content has explicitly hit any of your bullet points for Duplication (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong!), I suspect there are two things that could potentially be flagging me.

1.) Background music in my travel videos. EX: https://youtu.be/0Bn6ImrzkX0

This is why I'm skeptical - I don't believe these are amateur videos, using music in a reckless manner at all. If you watch, I'm using segments of songs - heavily integrated into the transformative edits of my trips. I am not merely re-uploading music. I'm also incredibly reluctant to delete these travel videos. I've spent a lot of time on them, and they hold a lot of precious memories.

2.) Lyric Videos. EX: https://youtu.be/PBk-XE7saMA

These videos I have spent hours editing from scratch. They are fan-made videos. They are NOT pure re-uploads of the official lyric videos. However, I can probably understand if these were the kinds of videos flagged for Duplication, as they are less "transformative". I would be willing to delete these videos, as they don't hold as much sentimental value as my travel films.

So with all that said, might I be able to delete my lyric videos but leave my travel videos in order to be eligible for monetization? Secondly, is Duplication marked immediately when there are Content ID/Copyright "claims" in my video manager? I have no copyright strikes. Is a Duplication violation the same as a Content ID claim? (i.e., if any of my videos have the "C" with a circle around it in my Video Manager, am I already in violation of Duplication?) All of the films in my video manager with a "C" next to them are being allowed to stay online by their claimants, with all revenues going directly to their respective owners. They are not being blocked. Fundamentally, I am only seeking to monetize my 100% original content. I'm fine with leaving claimed content demonetized. I've attached an image of some of my video manager.

Here is my channel, in case you wanted to look/identify where I may be violating Duplication: www.youtube.com/c/joshleongstudios

I would really appreciate some help! This channel is my livelihood. I've been working at this for 4 years to be able to monetize. Thanks!!

Video Manager.jpg

@joshleongstudios Wow; that is some information you never gave on the YouTube Help Forum. Copyright claims will definitely stop you from being approved for monetization. It means that the videos aren't totally your work, and elements of them belong to someone else; i.e., duplicate content.

It seems to me that duplication is a different (broader) concept than content id matches. That is, I'm not sure if having a content ID claim is sufficient or necessary for a duplication claim. It seems like duplication is also aimed at reuse of copyrighted, Creative Commons, AND public domain content that may not be claimed in content ID.

That being said, there's a lot we don't know yet about the boundaries of what is considered duplication vs original content.

Posted (edited)

It's really helpful post. Thanks for this awesome post with huge details.

Edited by jabedclerks

On 7/4/2018 at 11:24 AM, Leo Wattenberg said:

@National Savings This means that the reviewers weren't quite sure whether your content is definitely fine, so they gave it to their managers to review your channel more carefully and make the decision. 

@Jay545654 Your channel looks like it's primarily uploading news videos that TV stations made, so yes, that would be duplication. The fact that you have claims and strikes only makes it easier for the reviewers to tell that you're not uploading original content.

@joshleongstudios The lyrics videos probably have to go no matter what. As for the travel videos, I'm not comfortable giving you any recommendation other than: You probably would have an easier time if you used freely licensed music instead of taking music you don't have permission to. As for the protected music that you did use, you may want to try getting sync licenses from the relevant copyright holders. 

On 7/4/2018 at 11:24 AM, Leo Wattenberg said:

So basically with my condition i will not get approved?

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Jay545654 said:

So basically with my condition i will not get approved?

Most likely not.

On 7/7/2018 at 3:24 PM, mehedi.098 said:

@CSMP

I really don't know what they are trying. But I have found one clue. That YT team told us they will finish their pending work with their system within June'18 but think they Failed, and now YT team giving us this kinda re-review mail or disable your Monetization. But giving a fixed that is after August'18. That means that, YT team need more time to update their new system.

So without waiting we have nothing to do Boss. I already stopped to create content for YouTube. Don't know they will suspend my channel without any cause or will say duplication as like they did to you.

Feeling hopeless.  

Don't stop creating or posting. YouTube specifically state if you're flagged for additional review, to keep uploading as they need MORE information to base their final decision on.

@Leo Wattenberg Leo, the YouTube Helps page talks about Misleading Metadata rather than Misleading Thumbnails. Are you planning on updating the post to cover metadata as a whole?

Thank you so much for such and excellent resource by the way!

Edited by DHYT

@Leo  Wattemberg

I would appreciate your views on the following:

I have a monetized channel in Spanish, passed June review.  I have tried to reach an English speaking audience using subtitles since about 6 months or more, but my statistics show I have not been successful, in fact I suspect those viewers from English speaking countries are Spanish speaking nationals living elsewhere.

With that in mind I'm very interested in dubbing the script (putting a voice over the muted video) to create an English spoken video to target an English audience.

To do this properly these dubbed videos should go in a new channel based on the English language. This new channel would be intended to get monetization when appropriate

My doubt is, and I'd love to read your views and past experience on this:  would these videos be considered duplicate uploads (video is the same, but with different audio)?  Would this channel be eligible for monetization? And if it was determined ineligible due to duplication, would that demonetize my current (Spanish version) channel?

I must say, that if there is no other way around, I can always shoot a new video speaking in English.  Some videos can be redone.  The problem is with other videos, where there is no way they can be reshot, and the only option is dubbing.

Thanks.

Hello Leo Wattenberg,

Nice to read your post and it is quite informative post.

But there are some questions in my mind that are related from this post.

I appreciate if get reply from you and from others who has any doubt or question about my concern

AND

If agree with me so, please share this.

According to this post in DUPLICATE section :-

1. PUBLIC DOMAIN FOOTAGE & 3. Videos other people made (reupload)

If we upload videos as it is, it means that we copy the video content or you can say it is duplicate of original video but if we edit some videos and use those videos for entertainment with some nice music or animations so, is it against YOUTUBE policies. Even if we didn't get any copyright notice or any claim / strike by the content owner.

2. ROYALTY - FREE MUSIC

I think their is creative common videos already available on YouTube. Creative commons videos are made by anyone and these videos can be use by anyone without any issue. If I am right so, ROYAL FREE MUSIC are also same thing. People compose their own music, allow other people to use his or her music in their videos with some conditions. If Music composer and the person who use that music according to composer condition and there is no issue in between both so, why there is problem with YOUTUBE.

3. COMPILATION

Compilation means collection of some video clips and arrange them for viewers.

I like to explain this with an example, many matches and tournaments are showing on TV channels. We all are big fan of SPORTS. Everybody has their own favourite sports personality. Many times we forget or miss our favourite sport match or tournaments. If missed it and I found Highlights or compilation of that match on any video channel so, what would I like to watch highlights or complete match. According to me I like to watch the highlights or compilations of best moments, best shots, emotional moments and like to watch compilation of my favourite sports star moment / shots again and again.

You can see that every match has match highlights at end of match.

4. READING OUT OF STORIES POSTED ON OTHER WEBSITES.

I think this point need some discussion because if I want to know something and that content is available in some other language which I don't know and I want somebody to tell me that in my language so, is this against YOUTUBE policies. Because one person can't tell that story in every language.

I have these few doubts  about this post

Is YouTube taking Duplicate content, Copied video, Entertainment, information, knowledge Old stories in different languages at one place?

OR

Is YouTube trying to just reduce the count of creator and leave all duplicate or copied content as it is with monetization if it uploaded earlier in 2017 (monetized) and after 2017 rest of all are not eligible for monetization.

I checked this since last 2 months that most of technical channels got monetized. Can you please tell me that what mostly technical channels do.

Pick trending topic like Launching New I phone and everybody telling that I phone story according to their own whereas all update already updated on I phone website.

In short Technical channels pick a trending story and tell in their videos in their language (same topic).

And what YouTube do..... Activate mostly channels

Great...........

I think YouTube should see the interest of the viewers. Everybody has his own interest. If channel get genuine views so, YouTube should think about that channel.

&

YouTube better know which channel has genuine views.

EVERYBODY SPENT THEIR TIME FROM LONG TIME & GIVE EFFORTS FOR MAKING CONTENT....

YouTube should inform the creator if content is not appropriate according their terms and conditions so, they can stop their efforts and save time to do something else.

Or

YouTube don’t care about other people’s efforts and time.

youtube.jpg

• Like 1

I run Youtube channels for podcasts. 2 of the 4 I run are monetized.

This one: youtube.com/83weeks was denied monetization for duplication. But all of the content is my own. Are there any changes I should be making for this channel to appear more original?