Sign in to follow this  
Dr Nepal - Binaural Beats

Buying Demonetised Music Channel

It is against YouTube's terms and conditions to buy and sell accounts.

7 hours ago, Dr Nepal - Binaural Beats said:

You were guessing it, weren't you? Can you support your statement with evidence?  because

I found something completely different to what you say, and my evidence is here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45523304 

Just read what it says in the terms and conditions, esp section 4d. No guessing.

Just becasue a newspaper report talks about it happening, does not mean that it complies. It could have easily been a company that owned the channel and the company was sold.

buying and selling channels is not forbidden currently. Selling and buying channels for the sole purpose of circumventing the YPP review queue is however against the ToS and will be actioned by YouTube.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

buying and selling channels is not forbidden currently. Selling and buying channels for the sole purpose of circumventing the YPP review queue is however against the ToS and will be actioned by YouTube.

So what does section 4d of the terms and conditions mean then?

On 1/18/2019 at 8:12 PM, cbpayne said:

So what does section 4d of the terms and conditions mean then?

There is no section 4d in the terms of service as found here: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms

Maybe we are viewing different documents or different versions of it.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/static?template=terms&gl=AU

Section 4D: 

4. General Use of the Service—Permissions and Restrictions

You agree not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain YouTube's prior written approval:

• the sale of access to the Service;

Whihc explicitly prohibits the buying and selling YouTube accounts.

That is not part of the Terms of Service that I see. Which makes sense since every country has its own laws and needs a custom terms page. But I talked to youtube and what I wrote in my first reply is the current enforcement strategy of the youtube policy team.

And without being a lawyer, the quoted part of the ToS (at least in my opinion) don't prohibit the selling of channels. But rather for examples ISPs to charge extra to access youtube. YouTube Channel != Access to the service.

And just FYI, this happens a lot with bigger channels. Just some examples: Fact., Smosh, Phillip DeFranco, Roosterteeth and many more.

• Like 1

Selling and buying account is clearly prohibited. Youtube does not care about any purchase proofs as they are illegal, so owner may return "sold" account if really decide so.

Violation of selling account was confirmed numerous times by badged support forum members and youtube employees. In some cases resold channels were suspend for that when it was discovered, like in complains to support about losing access to channel they bought.

ISPs do not care about Youtube's terms as none of them agreed and signed them

All Terms of service are same for all languages and countries. Country laws are irrelevant as Youtube has no obligation to provide you free service and may suspend you for any violation or even without any.