Game Domain

YouTube demonetized my channel for no reason

Question

I have been running my YouTube channel with monetization on for over 3 years now and they're have never been any issues. However, a couple days ago, YouTube's randomized bot system had the compulsion to demonetize my channel, and say I can reapply in 1 month. Their reason was "reused content". It would have been nice to get an example and a way to contact YouTube so I could explain that I only make original content. But no, now the 25 people I employ's jobs are in danger because I'm not going to be making money. Does anyone know anyway to appeal ASAP or have any YouTube connections? 

5 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Game Domain said:

@cbpayne https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyeJX3ZW7gXNlSQNQCbI6ew 

And the reason I believe it was done by a bot is because no videos were taken down or specifically targeted, nor did YouTube provide even the slightest examples of what was wrong. 

They never provide examples.

I checked two videos on your channel:

Your most recent upload on 50 best Pokemon songs is all reused. None of that content is yours.

Your most popular upload is too all reused content; none of it is yours.

Clear to me they made the right decision.

It was not done by a bot; it would have been done after manual review.

What is your channel link?

@cbpayne first off, it is fair use in the purpose that is was used for. Second, thousands of other channels have done similar videos and are still monetized, third, even if it was justified. How is it right that my entire channel gets demonetized due to 2 videos? Why wouldn't just those 2 videos have been demonetized. And now since they "made the right decision", I may no longer be able to pay my employees, and I could be out of a job, and now how a very tight budget. YouTube just doesn't care. 

Firstly, I am not the one you need to argue with or convince that I am wrong. I just explaining what I see in the context of YouTube's guidelines and actions they have recently taken. You have YouTube decision and based on the first and only two videos I looked at on your channel, I agree that they have made the right decision. I did not and do not happen to have time to look at any more videos on your channel (I picked your most recent and most viewed to look at).

Secondly, fair use has nothing to do with it (even though what you are doing is NOT close to being fair use). It is still not your content. YouTube are simply not monetizing that sort of content any more.

What other channels do or do not do has no bearing on your channel. What matters is your channels compliance with the policy/guidelines. Pointing out other channels that may or may not be monetized is not going to get your channel monetized.

If you think YouTube have made a mistake, then all you can do is reapply after the 30 days they give you and someone else will look at the channel and see if they think it complies or not. I would not be hopeful of a yes answer.