Sign in to follow this  
Leo Wattenberg

Becoming a YouTuber, Part 2: The Hard Part.

Moin.

It's been a while since I've written part 1 on this topic, and strangely enough, also since I wrote part 3 about it. So what's up with that?

Well, it's because the first and last steps are quite uniformly applicable:

• Before you start a channel, you need to know what you even want to make videos about. Finding formats is what part 1 is about.
  • After you've started a channel, there are certain optimizations you can make to fit your content better onto YouTube. 

But between making and optimizing videos, you need to actually make the videos. This is where the paths diverge drastically. There is nothing to be said about all of them, not even "you'll need a camera and a microphone", because you don't! You can animate content just fine, even content that usually is filmed, and if you have an instrument that plugs straight into your computer, you also don't need any sort of microphone. 

Because of that, unfortunately (but fortunately for creativity) I cannot give general advice at this stage. I can't even give advice on a certain genre like "gaming videos" because that's still too diverse to say anything meaningful about. I can however say things about single formats, like Let's Plays, and maybe certain combinations of formats (ie channel case studies). So that's exactly what I'm going to do in the comings weeks/months/years. They'll be linked below the line.

But for now, I'll leave you with part 3: 

Edited by Leo Wattenberg