wishpage tv

Introducing the WishPage

Hi everyone, my name's Jan and I'm the creator of WishPage.tv

I'm trying to introduce a new dynamic on how content gets created and monetized and how content creators get discovered.

For viewers / for your audience:

Imagine you want to see a dog jumping over a tiny horse but you cant find it on YouTube. Or you wish your favorite channel would make a documentary about Jupiter's moons or you just want someone to read the news to you. On my platform you can publish a content-wish and people can vote for it.
The important part is that wishes can get crowd funded. People set out monetary rewards for the fulfillment. Like you really want to see the dog jumping over the tiny horse and offer $5 for it, and if they say your name in the video you offer $10.

For creators / for you:

You probably have your own content already, but on the wish-page you can find new inspiration. You can pick up open content-wishes and fulfill them. You could call it wish-mining. By delivering content for popular wishes you can get new viewers for your channel. They didn't seek out your channel, you picked up their wishes and that's how they discover you. You can share your personal Wish-page  with your existing audience (like you share your Twitter or Instagram page). Finally it's a new way to monetize your channel. Wishes can have open rewards, like someone want so see a dancing dog and offers $5 for it or even $10 if you mention his YouTube channel.

For me:

I would love to get your feedback, I can make changes to the platform (Its a wish-page after all 😋 ). The best thing would be to get a lot of active users 🤩

Bye, Jan

tishkoaladancingdog.png

ownpage.png

locations.png

• Like 1

This is an interesting and cool idea.

It could also be a way for game developers to post requests for people to play their game and make videos about it.

How do the payouts work? As soon as the requester selects the response for the payout, does the responder get payed? Are there multiple payment options/platforms/methods?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AAAA said:

How do the payouts work? As soon as the requester selects the response for the payout, does the responder get payed? Are there multiple payment options/platforms/methods? 

The payout can be sent by the user by clicking the button "payout your reward" like in the image below. At the moment everything works with PayPal so the users don't have to trust my site for the payments. Even if the receiving user does not have a PayPal account the user will receive an email directly from PayPal.

I will surely add more payment methods, I think its especially well suited for crypto-payments via the lightning network and other payment apps.

Users build up a payment reputation in the long run so you can see if they payout their rewards.

payout.png

• Thanks 1

For wishes which have multiple people offering rewards, like the dancing dog request, does rewarder get to select who to payout to? Or is it based off the initial requester?

• Like 1

Yes you can select a specific reply for the payout. Different models are possible too for example automatically rewarding the most voted reply but that might come later.

Can you see yourself using the website? If yes, what do you think should be better? And if no, what would you rather like to see that would make you use the website?

On 5/3/2019 at 5:35 AM, wishpage tv said:

Yes you can select a specific reply for the payout. Different models are possible too for example automatically rewarding the most voted reply but that might come later.

Can you see yourself using the website? If yes, what do you think should be better? And if no, what would you rather like to see that would make you use the website? 

I meant for there being multiple people offering rewards, so each rewarder selects their own specific reply, if I understand correctly?

I could see myself using the website to try and fulfill some requests possibly in the future. A larger userbase and more requests would probably work, but that may just come with growth over time. That would let me have a better chance of finding requests I can easily fulfill that sort of fit into things I normally do with YouTube or others. Maybe having the chat on a sidebar and minamizable on the right side of the screen instead of open automatically.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, AAAA said:

I meant for there being multiple people offering rewards, so each rewarder selects their own specific reply, if I understand correctly? 

Yes that's how it works right now. I think it offers the rewarder more control over who gets the payout compared to a traditional crowd funding campaign.

9 hours ago, AAAA said:

That would let me have a better chance of finding requests I can easily fulfill that sort of fit into things I normally do with YouTube or others

Yes I see that as an open issue. I'm thinking about adding a category where people can just post their videos without a wish. And every registered user has a personal wish-page that they can share in their YouTube description for example. Then viewers might send wishes directly to you (with the benefit that every website user sees those wishes, so people that don't know your channel yet can vote for it too).

Thanks for the feedback! 😀

Edited by wishpage tv

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2019 at 7:26 AM, wishpage tv said:

Thanks for the feedback! 😀

No problem.

Also, perhaps you could show the date each wish and reply was posted. Then one could maybe also sort wishes by date posted/replied to, etc. That way one could tell how old/new a wish or reply is? It's up to you.add

Edited by AAAA
Added a suggestion
  • Like 1

Yes good idea, that is surely on the TODO list 😀

I also want to announce that I included a "self-promo" section where people can just post their videos (without a wish). If you created something and just want to show it to the world it can get posted there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wishpage tv said:

Yes good idea, that is surely on the TODO list 😀

I also want to announce that I included a "self-promo" section where people can just post their videos (without a wish). If you created something and just want to show it to the world it can get posted there.

Thanks.

That seems good, it would expand the use of WishPage even more, people can support each other.